Saturday, January 5, 2013

Our God

How do you get your momentum going to clean? For me I blast some good music. Normally its any kind of music as long as it will keep me moving. But lately due to my music challenge its been only Christian Music. I just have to say, it is so hard to clean when you listen to songs that just put you on your knees praising Our God! I don't believe in the "There is a time and a place for worshiping God" mentality. Rather I feel that any time you feel led to it you do it! Anytime you feel God calling out to you, stop and have time with Him. Worshiping Christ shouldn't happen just in the church or in the car when you have nothing else to do, or when you do praise groups. Worshiping Him needs to be a daily thing. It doesn't need to always be planned out. I feel that Christ gets more glory when we randomly forget what we "should" be doing and just take that time, even if its just a few moments, to praise Him.
 A few days ago I was doing a big cleaning project after these messy holidays and I found myself singing out with my hands raised up then just calling out to God. RizzyRoo came down stairs and I didn't know she was watching because I wasn't focused on anything but God. Once I finished my praise to Him and prayer is when I noticed her there. Yes, I felt kind of embarrassed, not knowing what she was thinking. I bet is was something like "my mom is going nuts!!". But then something I didn't expect happened, she wanted to ask me about it, she wanted to talk about praising God and praying, and why I was doing that. It wasn't in a "your odd" kind of questioning but rather a "I really want to understand" kind of questioning.  From me by saying yes to God, He gave me a perfect opening to talk with her more and that conversation went on for over 30 minutes!!! That is the longest she has ever spent talking about one topic.
 Last February I read a book called, Espresso For Your Spirit, if you haven't read it you need to! One of my favorite parts in it is this: "Your job is not to raise Godly children, your job is to be a Godly role model for your kids. God has given them a free will, and he will ultimately have the greatest shaping power in their lives. Your job is simply to do your part by modeling Godly behavior." I will be making many posts this year that will start with this quote as its something I need to remember and will be working on this year.
 Lets model godly behavior by saying yes to God and praising Him anytime we can. Lets show our kids what it means to Love God with your whole heart and to love Him more then anything and anyone else. The point of this post is not at all to bring praises or pats on the back for me but simply to show that God works through us and others in our moments of vulnerability.



1 comment:

  1. Your article is extraordinarily smart.I love to browse your diary's posts everyday and that i got vast facilitate from your blog and developed a replacement app download spotify
    you'll check.Thanks for wonderful diary.

    ReplyDelete